The application period for the insurance for the elderly is three months before and after the 65th birthday and the month of the birthday. For a total of seven months, if you want to change the insurance plan, you need to open the application period from October 15th to December 7th.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is a social insurance program set up by the federal government for people over the age of 65 and those under the age of 65. It is a very important retirement benefit. The insurance for the elderly consists of four parts: Part A reimbursement part of the hospitalization expenses; Part B reimbursement part of the outpatient and family doctor fees; Part C reimbursement part A and part B of the unreimbursed part, while covering other items such as dentistry, otology and ophthalmology Part D reimbursement for prescription drugs. For details, you can find a detailed Chinese introduction on the official website of the Social Security Bureau at www.ssa.gov.
How can I get Medicare?
If a US citizen or a green card holder who has lived in the United States for more than five years in a row is legally taxed for 10 years (40 working quarters), he will receive the relevant government department three months before the 65th birthday. Red and blue cards. However, the red and blue cards you receive at this time only contain Part A (free) and Part B (a monthly premium is required). As mentioned earlier, these two parts are only reimbursed for 80% of the fee. If you need to see a doctor, stay in the hospital or take medicine, you still have to pay a lot of medical expenses.
Warning: Only Part A and Part B are not enough. In part, if you do not have coverage, you will receive a 1% every 12 months.
How to get Part C?
If you want to apply for Part C and Part D, you must first have Part A and Part B (that is, "Red and Blue Card").
How to get Part D? (Medicare Prescription Drug Benefits)
According to the list of the prescription drugs you provided to us, we will select and recommend the best Plan D (Prescription Drug Benefits) based on the price of the drug and your usage frequency of the drugs.
How to get the Supplement Plan?
Part A and Part B are only reimbursed for 80% of the cost. If you need to see a doctor, hospital or take medicine, you still have to pay a lot of medical expenses. The Supplement can help you reimburse the remaining 20%, and you also need to apply for a Part D (Prescription Drug Plan).