10 Essential Benefits That Every Health Insurance Plan Must Provide
“Obamacare”, a remarkable change in health insurance in the United States, also known as Obamacare, requires every health insurance plan to provide the following ten essential health benefits:
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Surgical hospitalization, overnight stays and other situations
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitation and equipment services (treatments and equipment to help people gain or regain physical and mental skills after an injury, disability or chronic illness episode)
- Laboratory services involved in laboratory testing
- Preventive services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including pediatric dental and vision insurance
These are only broad categories of services, and the specific services provided in each category may vary from state to state. Often, states require insurance companies to provide more services to their clients than just these ten categories.
Let us help you apply
You can apply online or give us a call (888-500-2578). Due to the current situation, you may experience longer than normal wait times, but we encourage customers to call and try not to come into the office.